Editor in Chief: Chen Su
Translators: He Jingjing, Shang Cong
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-84464-485-8
£65 €78 $98
Just like the history of the PRC, the study of jurisprudence over the past 60 years since 1949 has been prosperous through hard times, developing steadily and making brilliant achievements with each passing day. The book describes in general terms China’s jurisprudence research over the past 60 years, showing the status and evolution process of the new China’s jurisprudence in various development stages, analyzing the background and reason for the formation and evolution of important theories in the course of studying jurisprudence, and manifesting theoretical achievements in development and prosperity of jurisprudence and their practical value. It is expected that the book help readers have a clear impression on the development path of China’s jurisprudence, to learn the experience of researchers who have devoted their hard efforts and wisdoms to the development process of China’s jurisprudence, and to experience the impulse of the “rule of law” era along with the destiny of the PRC.
Volume I 1949-1978
Chapter 1 Rough Start of China’s Socialist Jurisprudence
1. Rise of Theory in China on “State and Law”
2. Succession and Acceptance by China’s Jurisprudential Circle of the Soviet Union’s Jurisprudential Theory
3. New China’s Critiques of Old Legal Views
4. Springing up of Nihilism of Law and Its Consequences
Chapter 2 Initial Construction of the Socialist Constitutional Jurisprudence
1. Formation of Constitutional View during the Formulation of Constitution in New China
2. Constitutional Jurisprudence based on Class Struggle Doctrine
Chapter 3 The Branch Jurisprudence with Fragmented System Suffering Ups And Downs
1 The Criminal Jurisprudence under the Guidance of the Theory of Class Struggle
2 The socialist transformation of civil law
3. Science of marriage and family law becoming an era exception
4. Chinese economic jurisprudence under the evolution and reflection of Soviet economic law theory
5. Research on the establishment of the socialist judicial system
About Editor in Chief:
CHEN Su, a research fellow with the Institute of Law of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and a doctoral supervisor, graduated from Liaoning University in 1985 as a bachelor of law; from the Institute of Law of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in 1988 as a degree of master of law. At present he has held the office of the Co-Secretary of the Party Committee of the Institute of, and the Research Center of, the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences; and executive director of China Law Society and Vice Chairman of the Commercial Jurisprudence Research Society.
He has mainly specialized in civil and commercial law, with works and writings, such as Special Research on Securities Law (edited by him), Exploration on Subtle Logic of Spirit of Law, New Development of Society Law (edited by him); and with dozens of papers published in professional academic journals such as Chinese Journal of Law and China Legal Sciences.